Monday, June 8, 2015

so I'm back....

  May Third this year, I PRd at Broad Street with a time of 75 minutes.  I took three minutes off my time.  To say I ran this race in the best shape of my life would not be a stretch.  I felt strong the whole way- and had a ton of fun on the entire course.  Very happy that my return to the circuit worked out this way.

  Sadly, the day after the race, I broke my right foot.  As soon as I could run again, I woke up on the floor of the Stamford CT Hilton with a concussion Saturday morning and have been struggling with the pain, soreness, and embarrassing memory loss that goes along with that.  So that was scary.  THANKFULLY, it all seems to be improving.  I can at least sneeze now without feeling like I'm going to die.  So that happened.

  The best cure for anything is running.  I'm getting back on the horse today and heading out with my running partner.  Amazing news is that we are neighbors now, and I'm looking forward to a strong, healthy summer of running and cycling with friends and my little man. 

  This fall will be my fastest race season.  I can tell.  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment