one of the high points of my day is when i open my gmail, and staring right back at me in nice bold letters is my Runners World "Quote of the Day" email. oh, how I love that thing. Today's was about where some guy from NJ would like to run, vs. running along the Ocean City Boardwalk. where I've never run actually... I've not really spent any time in Ocean City... living in Beach Haven and all, what was the point? but it did remind me of all the nights in the winter and spring I would run along Long Beach Boulevard and Beach ave between 77th street and 133, back and forth, back and forth... sometimes on the beach if it wasn't too stormy or erodey. ah, those were the days. but mostly, it reminded me of all the places in the world I have made my home and did a good amount of running... at least enough to have established a "favorite" route. a brief list:
St John, Newfoundland,
Cornerbrook, Newfoundland
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Chester, Nova Scotia
Dublin, Ireland
London, England
South Beach Ocean Drive, Miami
Along the beach in Lauderdale
Mt Pleasant, SC
Lyford Cay, Bahamas
Tyler State Park, Newtown PA
FDR Park, Philadelphia
Long Beach Boulevard, Beach Haven, NJ
Essex, CT
Cliff & Madaket Road, Nantucket
San Diego, CA
Mt Battie, Camden, Maine
Shirley Heights, Antigua
Airport Road, St Maarten
St. George's, Bermuda
Horta, Acores
Alicante, Spain
Calpe, Spain
Rome, Italy
San Lorenzo National Park, (Lake Gatun) Panama
San Andres, Colombia
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cancun, Mexico
Central Park, NYC
a lot of times, my favorite part of a run is reliving a flashback of a run that I did in another part of the world... memories of all the times I've laced up my shoes and hit the trail in Halifax, St Maarten, or Bermuda... the hundreds and hundreds and thousands of miles my feet have taken me... makes me wonder if life is a series of many different runs... or just one single continuous great big long one... ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment