Sunday, March 18, 2012

today was a Sunday Runday.  after church, I jogged the drive, making it my last training run before the race.  aside from a few 2 or 4 mile runs this week, I am done, done, done.  my only work left is to eat right.  until thursday, my diet will consist of raw fruits and veggies and protein, protein, PROTEIN!  yesterday I ate chicken salad from A-Market, and today after my 10 miler, I walked over to Stop & Shop to pick up a rotisserie roasted chicken.  on the walk back, i held my little chicken friend by the handle and took it on a little trip through the park.  hand in hand, we went down bellevue, and through touro park.  sadly, the thought occurred to me that this was probably the most sunlight, and prettiest place this little guy would ever be in his or her whole existence.  i probably looked like an imbecile walking around town carrying a plastic chicken box by a cardboard handle, but I was proud of my purchase, so i held my head high all the way back to my house.  I'm not a vegetarian, but I really respect the creatures that I eat, and treat them with dignity and respect.  I talked to my chicken and explained to it that it is a beautiful day outside, we are going for a walk, and that it had a higher calling than all the other chickens.  he or she was destined for greatness.  it would become marathon fuel.  nothing would go to waste, and my body will be happy to have it and use it wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment