Tuesday, September 25, 2012

i ran this weekend with dad- believe it or not, i think that is the first time we've ever truly run together.  so it was great.  there was a bruce springsteen show in NJ on friday, so i went to that if only to hear him sing "born to run"... he played over 3 hours, so there was lots more fun to be had.

my friend posted this quote on facebook this morning:  "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I've ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

it was a bit of inspiration for me throughout my day.  often, i'll have some sort of flashback and as a result, immediately become short tempered or irritable at work, but when i look around, notice where i am, and what i am doing, i feel instantly validated, and i suppose i need that little boost of self esteem sad as it is.  take a minute.  deep breath.  exhale.  you're on bolero.  nothing else matters.  don't lose concentration on the task.   had some messy projects involving grinding fiberglass, mixing epoxy, bedding compound, and LOTS of winch grease.  i accomplished everything i set out to complete today.   i rode my bike, and now i'm about to gear up for a run in order to see how all the parts are working.  i ordered a new knee brace for my LCL, which i suppose was a splurge and a costly piece of equipment and it hasn't come yet.  i'm not going for any long distances until i'm wearing it.   the prospect of ice cream later tonight was an attractive proposal, so maybe a reward later.  19 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment