Friday, December 28, 2012

Neshaminy Times

                                           Manda examines the effects of hurricane Sandy



                                                                        boathouse



                                                                      Linda & Dad



                                                                      The Runners:






   it's been a while since i've returned to the rolling hills and back trails of Tyler State.  Some winters and springs, Linda and I would run these trails every single weekend morning religiously without fail- boathouse hill and all.  it felt great to be back in the woods with Linda, Dad, and Amanda today- quality family time and fresh air.  i should also note that today is the anniversary of Mom passing away, so it was an excellent tribute. 

make no mistake- Tyler is my happy place.  Tyler is my zen.  Tyler is where I go and life is perfect, and the air is clean and the sun is smiling down on me, and the world is mine.  Tyler is my heaven.  Tyler is my bliss.  I lace up my running shoes, i can see my breath, hear the subtle forest noises, and I am home.  on a frigid winter day, it is the warmest feeling I know. 


  we only went about 4.5 miles, but it was brisk, and full of hills to keep us on our toes.  Tyler may very well be the only thing I miss about winter in Philadelphia... which I haven't actually had since 2004 and 2009...  i enjoy the company of my running partners, and miss them very much.  unfortunately, i also find myself unable to stand the cold, and wanting to head back to the lesser latitudes- much more desirable at the present.  

No comments:

Post a Comment